Virtual Make & Take Round 2!
It's Round 2: 5 Makers, 5 Projects, 5 Days.
In light of #StayHome and wanting to provide some positivity, distraction, and to kick-start some creative juices, we've partnered with 5 new Makers in 5 different industries to encourage you to learn something new and cool while staying at home!
We hope that these workshops will serve as both educational and therapeutic! So, gather your materials, and tune in at 7 pm EST on our Instagram story on the dates below!
Be sure to mark the dates in your calendar! Or even better, you can print out our schedule (right-click on the image and hit "save image as"):
Meet your Makers below and the dates they'll be holding their workshop.
Brittany will be hosting her workshop on Saturday, May 2nd, from 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm EST, and will be showing you how to sew a Sorbetto top with the FREE Colette pattern, which can be downloaded here.
Materials needed (found here):
- Colette Sorbetto Pattern (download for FREE here)
- Lightweight to medium weight fabric, such as cotton voile, lawn, silk, rayon challis, or polyester.
- 3 1/2 yards of 1/4" double-fold bias tape.
- Fabric Scissors (Recommended: 10" Midnight Edition Fabric Shears.)
- Sewing machine.
Check out Brittany's blog here.
Redd will be hosting their workshop on Saturday, May 9th, from 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm EST, and will be showing you how to Stitch a Mini Butts Loop. The pattern for the loop is available for download here.
- 8 weight perle cotton or any 6 strand cotton if that’s what you prefer, in whichever colours you have on hand.
- An embroidery hoop.
- Cotton or linen fabric, anything with no stretch. Upcycling clothes works too!
- Sharp end number 5 needle (or any needle where you can just get the thread through the eye.)
- Sharp snips (Recommended: our Prism Edition Thread Snips.)
- A pencil OR soluble pen for tracing.
Make sure you have the pattern transferred to your fabric before the workshop begins, as Redd will be jumping right in to begin stitching!
Check out Redd's website here.
Sydni will be hosting her workshop on Saturday, May 16th, from 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm EST, and will be showing you how to make Pom Pom Earrings!
- Yarn of any colour.
- Fabric Scissors (Recommended: our 8" Midnight Edition Fabric Shears or 8" Stainless Steel Fabric Shears. )
- A piece of cardboard.
- Strong String or cord.
- Earring backings, new or upcycled from old earrings.
- Metal chain (optional - if you'd like hanging earrings. Can also be upcycled from a necklace or bracelet.)
Check out Sydni's blog here.
Mathew will be hosting his workshop on Saturday, May 23rd, from 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm EST, and will be showing you how to Weave with Fabic! This project can also be done with paper.
- 2-4 different coloured pieces of fat quarter-sized fabric or paper. This project can be sized up or down depending on how much fabric or paper you have.
- 2-3 pieces of standard size cardstock paper.
- Fabric Scissors or Rotary cutter (Recommended: our 8" Midnight Edition Fabric Shears or Midnight Edition Rotary Cutter.)
Check out Mathew's blog here.
Kitty will be hosting her workshop on Saturday, May 30th, from 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm EST, and will be showing you how to Sew a Skinny Bin! This tutorial can also be found here.
- 15” x 11” fabric for the outer panel.
- 15” x 11” fusible fleece.
- 15” x 12” fabric for the lining.
- Rotary Cutter (Recommended: our Midnight Edition Rotary Cutter.)
- Fabric Scissors (Recommended: our 8" Midnight Edition Fabric Shears.)
- Marking pencil.
- Sewing machine.
Check out Kitty's blog here.